Separation Agreement Alberta

If you and your spouse have children and are planning to divorce, you may need to take the Parenting After Separation (PAS) online course. You can also choose to voluntarily take the course and learn some useful strategies to help you separate. The link to the course can be found here: We are not lawyers; We do not provide legal advice, nor do we give complex issues. However, we can still help in many situations, even if you do not fully agree. Deborah Ward, holder of the Canadian Legal Resource Centre Inc., has personally developed more than 1,000 separation agreements, each of which has been reviewed by two different lawyers. Deborah has a lot of experience in developing high-quality separation agreements. You are expected to distribute the debts acquired between you during the marriage, either in common name or with the name of one of you. During the separation, it is helpful for you to make a list of all the assets that you own in common and that you own on your own and what amounts are at the time of separation. These include the RSP and pensions. The same applies to any debts you have separated or with your spouse or that you know your spouse has on their behalf. When you leave the house, you will bring photocopies of financial documents. Lawyers assist in financial assistance, general information, separation agreement and post-separation parenting plans. If you are in a common law relationship that may soon end, you should speak to a family lawyer.

The aim is to verify the appropriateness of a separation agreement. You can also find out if you should create another chord instead. There is no formal judicial procedure, no special document or confirmation necessary to make the separation official, although there may be such documents. You are considered separated if one of you intends to live separately and separately from the other. It is important to note that a divorce agreement is the same as a separation agreement. However, filing the divorce is something else. Both parties must have their own lawyers. If one party has established the agreement, the other party must receive the ILA. It is preferable for the couple to be able to negotiate in private some of the conditions. The lawyer will then be able to draft the agreement. This approach saves a lot of money on legal fees.

Many lawyers charge a flat fee for the development of the agreement, but their hourly rate for negotiations. You can expect to pay a lawyer $250-550 an hour for negotiations. In some cities, high-ranking lawyers charge up to $1000 an hour! We develop separation agreements for couples who are willing to work together. Our goal is to help you: as soon as one spouse receives the separation agreement from the other lawyer, it is important that they encourage their own family lawyer to make the agreement with them. This is called independent legal advice. The loyalty of a lawyer can only apply to one client, not to both parties. What happens when you hire a lawyer is that the request or friendly letter is sent to your spouse. In addition, it is often said that you want to establish an agreement. This will make it clear that you want reciprocal conditions. The agreement will also show that the transition to the family court is very expensive, stressful and tedious. Often, questions between the parties are clarified and proposals are made on how to proceed.

Yes, you can use our services even if you don`t entirely agree. However, it is important that you are both willing to work together to reach an agreement. Couples often fail to agree simply because they have not established a correct picture of the distribution of assets, assets and debts.